Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Chicago 77 - Chicago's Neighborhoods starting with Edgewater

For many months I have been writing about market updates and observations for the Chicago 77 Real Estate Blog.

The blog was started by Rod Holmes to speak to Chicago's real estate market. Rod is a partner in Chicago Style SEO working primarily with real estate firms to improve their Internet marketing. The blog name comes from the 77 official community areas that make up the City with Big Shoulders. As I was writing my update for Monday, it occurred to me I have never really told the stories of any of these communities, many in which I have lived, worked in and enjoyed all they have to offer.

As an active member of the Goverment Affairs Committee for the REALTORS®, as well as chairing the committee on and off throughout the last decade, I have had the wonderful opportunity to visit all 77. I have gained great insight through Brian Bernardoni, the Govermental Affairs Director for the Chicago Association REALTORS® driving and walking the streets, visiting with members, businesses and residents as well as the local alderman.

Next week I will be taking on that leadership postition again for another year. I look forward to getting back to Chicago's gems again, its neighborhoods,

Today, my first neighborhood story was posted. I started with number 77 first and will be zigzagging through the city over the next months. Please read my short story about the Edgewater neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Proficiency in using internet is a great advantage in hunting valuable properties but then when it comes to getting down the details, consultation with a skilled agent is needed. An agent must know the latest trends in the market and must be knowledgeable of the current economic indicators.

    ReplyDelete